Thursday, October 18

Harry Potter PLATFORM 9 3/4 Handpainted Sign

Just handpainted this new sign for Harry Potter fans!

 
 
I started by painting the wood board solid beige with some interior latex housepaint I had already. The board is a scrap of birch plywood, measures 12 inches tall, 24 inches wide, and 1/2 inch thick. Next I used a template to roughly draw the rectangular bricks (I used a piece of cereal box that measured about 2.75 x 5 inches). I should have taped off the center "Platform" section first, so I had to go back afterwards and remove the brick lines.


 
 
Once the brick paint has dried, tape off the center section and place your CriCut letters where you want them. Paint over the letters with black and peel off the letters and tape for the big reveal.  Finally, I put a single coat of brown stain over the entire sign to dull and age the sign. 
 
 
 
If you don't want to paint it yourself, you can purchase it in my Etsy store for $30 plus shipping:


No comments:

Post a Comment