- I started with a piece of 1 inch thick poplar, that measures 11.5 inches wide by 24 inches tall (purchased at Lowe's).
- I painted it all over with several thin layers, starting with blue, then green, then a few spots of brown, then some more green - it sort of gave it a "patina" look.
- Next I drew a bunny silhouette (profile).
- Next, I took one of my kids' small paint brushes and painted along the lines (and filled in) with white house paint I had in the garage.
- Finally, I did a light coat of Minwax Provincial oil stain all over to subdue the colors a bit.
Thursday, March 1
This is a quick and easy project to do. First here's the finished look (it looks great on a mantle with fresh flowers and other spring decor):