Monday, September 26

Trick or Treat Shutter project for Halloween

Ok, so I went to my local Re-Store and purchased a bi-fold closet door (2 pieces hinged together) for $15. I pulled out my trusty Cricut and cut the letters (each 6" wide x 8" tall) out of contact paper. I placed the letters on the doors, painted a couple of coats of black satin enamel over the whole door, and peeled off the contact paper lettering. The paint bleeds a little and may pull up at the edges, but that adds to the overall effect. This project took about 2 hours, start to finish, and makes quite the spooky statement!





3 comments:

  1. Love these shutters! What a great inspired idea! Just wanted to let you know I am featuring this in a post tomorrow on Halloween porches (with linkback of course). =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Found them on Pinterest! Can you tell me what a "Re-Store" is? Trying to figure out where I can find some cheap bifold doors. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a store found in most cities that could be described as a Salvation Army for home repair items ... if you google it for your city you will probably be able to find. But, yes, they are cheap/used bifold doors -- you could also use plastic shutters. I paid $20 for my set. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete